Sunday, August 29, 2010

Harvest Time in Lapu Lapu

Earlier in June this year, a group of mission trippers got to see the fruit of the work that was started there from scratch three years ago.

Deacon Victor's connection with Pastor Cleto in Lapu Lapu, the Philippines, proved vital in expanding the church there, and extending their reach to the lost. What has followed is the church building, two bible schools, and two ARISE kindergartens (as with the ARISE kindergarten here in COS(BT)).

The church in Lapu Lapu now has 200 people attending two services every Sunday, with the vision to grow it beyond 500. 22 pastors have graduated from the bible schools and are now actively pastoring 18 churches throughout the region of Visayas. Another 18 will be graduating this November.

Sis Elizabeth Lim shares her experience:

I felt really comfortable in the Philippines even though it was my first time to the country, because of the hospitality and friendliness of the Filipinos, in particular the pastor and his family. On this mission trip, I did not need an interpreter, unlike in many other countries. I could express myself freely, accurately and directly to the people in English. They could understand me without any problem, and that was a real privilege for me.

I never dreamed that I would have to do any preaching, but by the grace of God my preaching during our first Sunday service was very well received. I have concluded that our church has done well in feeding us with God's word, therefore we can in due course use it to bless others in the mission field, and to make disciples of all nations.

Lapu Lapu is a beautiful place with beautiful people, and I praise God that the church has matured and multiplied so quickly.

No comments:

Post a Comment